It has been almost two years since the Marawi siege when Philippine government forces first began their military assault on the city to root out the Dawlah Islamiya, popularly known as the Maute Group, who believed that promoting their vision of Islam required the use of violence. It took almost five months for the government to defeat the Maute Group and their allies. During the war, many civi...
More News from MPI
- You also attended MPI? Peacebuilders from Northern Mindanao discover they are all MPI alumni! 02 May 2019
- MPI Welcomes United Board Scholars for the 2019 Annual Peacebuilding Training 24 April 2019
- MPI Signs MoU with Canadian Mennonite University 15 March 2019
- A Journey of Self-Discovery and of Multiplying 13 February 2019
- Picking up the rope: Where did we leave off half a year ago? 13 February 2019
Le Ngoc Bich Ly (second from the right in photo), originally from Vietnam, is a faculty member at Payap University’s Institute for Religion, Culture and Peace (ICP). Through various programs, the institute aims to raise awareness around global issues and promotes tolerance across faiths. Le is involved in developing programs as well as serving as a lecturer.
As a peace educator, she is responsible for offering courses such as Religion and Peacebuilding and Gender a...
More Alumni News
Most Rev. Dr. James Thoppil, Bishop of Kohima diocese, Nagaland laid the foundation stone for the Peace Center (A Centre for Education, Research and Community Action for Peace and peace studies) at St. Joseph Hr. Sec. School Campus Chumukedima, Nagaland on the 9th of March 2019. The historical event was witnessed by fathers, sisters, 120 catechists representing various local churches form the diocese, church, communit...
More Network News
- Foundation Stone was laid for the Peace Center in Nagaland 11 March 2019
- Peace Education Can End All Forms of Violence & Conflicts 19 February 2019
- The Peacebuilders as new name of ICF E-newsletter 16 August 2018
- NARPI Call for Peace and Reconciliation on the Korean Peninsula 06 April 2018
- October 2017 issue of faith and peace 09 November 2017