It has been almost two years since the Marawi siege when Philippine government forces first began their military assault on the city to root out the Dawlah Islamiya, popularly known as the Maute Group, who believed that promoting their vision of Islam required the use of violence. It took almost five months for the government to defeat the Maute Group and their allies. During the war, many civi...
More News from MPI
- You also attended MPI? Peacebuilders from Northern Mindanao discover they are all MPI alumni! 02 May 2019
- MPI Welcomes United Board Scholars for the 2019 Annual Peacebuilding Training 24 April 2019
- MPI Signs MoU with Canadian Mennonite University 15 March 2019
- A Journey of Self-Discovery and of Multiplying 13 February 2019
- Picking up the rope: Where did we leave off half a year ago? 13 February 2019
An MPI alumni round table conversation
Written by: Patrick van Wersch
They had optimistically agreed the night before to attend Sunday morning mass. But one of them—ironically the pastor—overslept. So instead, after a late breakfast they gathered around a table to read and reflect on their favorite Bible passages. A few hours later, after being joined by a fourth peacebuilder, they found themselves in a similar setting as they sat down with...
More Alumni News
- On life-altering memories, the power of roleplay, and making peace work 25 June 2019
- Safe spaces, outsider perspectives, and communities of peace 25 June 2019
- Enlightening Inner Peace Through Peace Education 02 May 2019
- Inner Healing as a Way to Inner Peace 02 May 2019
- Sri Lanka has to Endure it and Rise Again 23 April 2019
During MPI's 2019 Annual Peacebuilding Training, one of the founders and former Board Member of MPI, Guiamel Alim gave a presentation to the participants on Mindanao. He focused on the newly formed Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), highlighting the opportunities and challenges. Guiamel is presently chairperson of the Consortium of Bangsamoro Civil Society (CBCS) and Director of the Kadtuntaya Foundation, Incorporated (KFI) in Cotabato City.
Below you may view the slideshow that was presented during the session. While the slides do not include the full exp...
More Network News
- The BARMM: Opportunities and Challenges 16 July 2019
- Conflict-Sensitive Journalism - an International Academic Conference 21 June 2019
- Foundation Stone was laid for the Peace Center in Nagaland 11 March 2019
- Peace Education Can End All Forms of Violence & Conflicts 19 February 2019
- The Peacebuilders as new name of ICF E-newsletter 16 August 2018